The pen is manufactured in China and the food product is made here in the USA.
We're happy to answer that the chocolate for the Chocolate Pen does not contain nuts or gluten among the ingredients in the chocolate. However, we do not have a dedicated facility and cannot guarantee an allergen-free processing environment. Below are the listed ingredients of each Chocolate Pen flavor: *Brown chocolate: sugar, Palm Kernel and Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, cocoa powder, non-fat dry milk solids, whole milk solids, whey powder, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), salt, artificial flavor. *White chocolate: sugar, Palm Kernel and Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, whey powder, whole milk solids, titanium dioxide, nonfat dry milk solids, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), salt, artificial flavor. *Pink chocolate: sugar, Palm Kernel and Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, whey powder, whole milk solids, nonfat dry milk solids, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), salt, red 3, artificial flavor. *Blue chocolate: sugar, Palm Kernel and Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, whey powder, whole milk solids, nonfat dry milk solids, soy lecithin (an emulsifier), salt, blue 1 lake, artificial flavor.
The chocolate itself is certified kosher but the production facility is not kosher.
1) Make sure the chocolate is completely melted. It takes at least three minutes, possibly more depending on water temperature. It's completely melted when the chocolate is a soft liquid that shifts easily in the tube and has no clumps.
2) Grasp the top of the plastic pouch in one hand while you slide the melted candy down with the other hand. You should be able to push the candy down about an inch and a half.
3) Cut the top off the plastic pouch in a STRAIGHT line about ½ inch from the top.
4) It may be easier to place the pouch in a small cup for this part so it stays upright - Grasping the seam of the pouch in one hand, place the cap just inside the pouch. Pinching the seam of the pouch, fold over the excess plastic onto itself so the plastic is pulled tight around the cap.
5) Match the back seam of the clamp to the plastic seam of the pouch where you just folded it over and close the clamp. It’s secure when you hear a click. Insert the tip into the cap and place the pouch upright in a mug of warm water.
The Chocolate Pen takes two AA batteries.
If the pen was purchased in the US, there are no spare bags to insert into the pen. There are some international packages available that do have extra chocolate bags and it is possible to use the pen with your own chocolate.
Refills are currently available from the following retailers: Amazon, Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us.
The chocolate expires after two years.
Parents and kids tell us all the time how yummy the chocolate is for the Chocolate Pen. Some describe it as being like the chocolate melts you might get for cake decorating.
To help you keep the chocolate soft for a longer period of time, we can suggest a couple of things. First, make sure the chocolate is melted thoroughly. You'll know it is when the chocolate shifts around in the bag without being squeezed. You might need to make the hot water even hotter to achieve this if your tap water isn't warm enough. Second, the chocolate will harden faster when it's exposed to cold. If there's a way to raise the ambient temperature in the area where you are making the chocolate molds, that will also help. Keep in mind cold granite/tile counter tops tend to zap the heat right out of something warm.
Make sure your molds are 100% clean and dry before filling. Water will prevent the candy from hardening.
The candy should come out of the tray fairly easily by turning it upside down and applying light pressure to the mold or striking the tray on the counter. If it doesn’t, put the tray in the freezer for just a few minutes to ensure it’s hardened completely, then try the same methods again.
CHOCOLATE PEN REFILL MANUALDOWNLOAD
Skyrocket Toys is dedicated to exceptional product quality, outstanding retailer relationships and responsive customer service. In the event you are unable to find what you are looking for or have questions about our products or services, please contact customer service.
*Please fill in all required fields.
Thank you. Your inquiry has been received.
© 2016 Skyrocket Toys LLC, Los Angeles, CA 90066 USA. All Rights Reserved. Real Cooking and Skyrocket and their respective logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Skyrocket Toys LLC. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners, and there is no relationship express or implied with Skyrocket Toys, LLC.